Ahoy, fellow food adventurers! Ever been on a quest? Not for a ring, a grail, or the meaning of life, but for the perfect burger? Well, I have. And not just any burger. I was on the hunt for a burger that would make my taste buds dance and my low-carb heart sing.
Today, I present to you the treasure I’ve unearthed:
a burger that’s a symphony of flavors, yet kind to your carb count. 🍔✨
- Carbs: A mere 6g (with sugars just being 3g of that)
- Fat: A whopping 70g (because flavor, my friends)
- Protein: A solid 50g
Let’s embark on this culinary journey, shall we?
Here is a shortened double-sided printable recipe that is more handy for kitchen.
Keto Hamburger Buns Recipe
Ingredients for the keto buns
|Eggs||2 (114 g)|
|Turkish yogurt||2 tbsp (30 g)|
|Psyllium||2 tsp (6 g)|
|Almond flour||1.5 dl (70 g) (That’s about 0.63 cups for the metrically challenged)|
|Baking powder||2 tsp (12 g)|
|Grated cheese||150 g (Cheese is life, right?)|
|Sesame seeds||3 tbsp (23 g) (For that authentic bun feel)|
Bunstruction (See what I did there?)
- Whisk those eggs like they owe you money and then introduce them to the yogurt.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then combine them with the egg-yogurt duo.
- Add the grated cheese to this party.
- Divide the mixture into 4 flat mounds on a baking sheet (96 g each), shaping them into rounds.
Give them space; they like to breathe!
- Fancy some sesame seeds on top? Go for it!
- Bake these bad boys at 200 °C (that’s 392 °F) for around 15 minutes.
The Burger: A Meaty Affair
Keto burger ingredients
|Ground beef (20 % fat)||120 g, divided into two 60 g patties (Because two is better than one)|
|Slice of Monterey Jack cheese||21 g|
|Slice of Cheddar||21 g|
|Ketchup or tomato purée||3 g (Just a smidge!)|
|Pickle mayonnaise||15 g (Trust me on this one)|
|Yellow mustard||3 g (For that tang!)|
Burger Assembly Line
- Shape the beef into two thin patties. They’ll shrink a tad while frying, so don’t be shy.
- Heat up that skillet or grill. Once it’s sizzling, place the patties on.
- Fry one side until it’s browned and slightly crispy, then flip.
- Immediately crown one patty with Monterey Jack and the other with Cheddar. Continue frying until they’re cooked to perfection and the cheese is all melty.
- Assemble your masterpiece: Slice the keto bun in half. Spread ketchup on one side, cucumber mayo on the other. Place the cheesy patty on the bottom half, add a dollop of mustard, and cap it with the other half of the bun.
- Serve immediately. Take a moment to admire, then devour!
- Total Fat: 70.1 g
- Carbs: 5.9g (Dietary Fiber: 4.4 g, Sugars: 3.3 g)
- Protein: 49 g
|Total Fat||70,1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3,1 g|
|Saturated Fat||28,1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5,6 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||5,9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4,4 g|
|Vitamin A||45 %|
|Vitamin C||0,3 %|
- Main nutritional data is from ingredient packages used and then calculated from the recipe.
- Micronutrient information was sourced from generic foods in the Finnish government’s Fineli database.
- Original recipe for the almond bread “Ketoilijan mantelileipä” by Paula Rask. Recipe was altered to fit a a burger.
- Psyllium: A form of fiber made from the husks of the Plantago ovata plant’s seeds. Often used in keto recipes for its binding properties.
Happy munching, fellow adventurers! 🍔🚀